Self Finance Schemes
The Scheme is to facilitate Afghan national wanting to pursue higher professional studies at their own expense in the courses: MBBS, BDS, BE, B.PHARMA, Diploma in Engineering. From academic session 2017-18, foreign candidates are required to appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by CBSE for admission in MBBS/ BDS UG courses in India. Details can be accessed at www.cbseneet.nic.in . It shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET to be eligible for admission.
The Embassy of India receives applications and passes them on to the Student Cell, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi for admissions in Indian Universities.
General Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria under Self-financing Scheme for Afghan nationals are as under:
A. Eligibility Criteria for Various Courses:
1. Application in all cases:
*Marks obtained by the applicants should be clearly indicated in terms of percentage only and not in grades like A,B,C,D,S etc
*If grades are unavoidable, the marks obtained in percentage should be indicated invariably in brackets. Where percentage of marks not indicated, application will be rejected.
*Marks obtained in 11th standard examination should not be taken into account while computing marks obtained in 12th year of examination.
2. For Admission to MBBS Course:
* A Candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks with at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) and 50% in English in the qualifying examination (Equivalent to standard 10+2 system of Central Board of Secondary Education in India.)
3. For B. Pharmacy/Diploma in Pharmacy Courses:
* Candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% of the aggregate of marks with at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and 50% in English in the qualifying examination (equivalent to standard 10+2 system of Central Board of Secondary Education in India.
4. For Bachelor of Engineering Courses:
* A Candidate must have secured a minimum 60% aggregate marks with at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% in English in the qualifying examination (equivalent to standard 10+2 system of Central Board of Secondary Education in India), Some Directorates of Technical Education require that the minimum aggregate marks should be obtained in the first attempt.
5. For Diploma in Engineering Courses:
* A Candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in a first attempt and 50% in English in 10th as well as in 12th Grade Examination. Note for admission to 1st year diploma in Engineering course in Delhi, the candidate must be below 21 years of age.
* As the number of seats under lower fee category is very small, please not that many of the Engineering/Pharmacy colleges charge higher tuition fee ranging between US $ 3000-6000 per annum. In case, any student is interested in being considered against such seats, he is required to sign the following undertaking:
* I undertake that I will be willing to pay enhanced fee ranging from US $ 3000/- to US $ 6000/- per annum for admission in Engineering/B. Pharmacy Courses charged by some colleges in case admission in colleges charging lower tuition fee is not available.
C. Documents to be attached:
The following documents may be attached with the application:
1. Three copies of recent photographs pasted at prescribed place in the application form.
2. Three attested copies of certificates and mark sheets with percentage of marks of the qualifying examination (with authentic English translation, if the certificates are not in English).
3. Three attested copies each of passport (first four pages), birth certificate and character certificate from the Head of Institution last attended; 4. Undertaking for acceptance of nomination under higher fee category (optional).
D. Medical Test & Other formalities:
The selected candidates may have to undergo a medical test including AIDs test on arrival in India. Candidates are expected to comply with admission formalities and procedures of the respective Colleges/Institutes.
E. Application Form and List of Colleges/Institutes:
Application from & List of colleges for MBBS/B.Pharmacy/Engineering can be collected from Embassy of India.
The complete application may be submitted either in the Embassy of India, Kabul or India's Consulates at Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, Kandahar and Herat latest by April each year.