1. An applicant shall be eligible for passport with following validity:-
Short Validity Passport (less than 10 years) is issued to the applicants who does not fulfil any or all of the above conditions for a full validity passport. They will be eligible for passport with following validity :-
2. All cases of re-issue or renewal of passport involves issuance of a new Passport booklet. In case the applicant has run-out of pages in the existing passport, a new passport booklet is required to be issued, which is same as re-issue of passport.
3. In case an applicant desires to change any of the particulars entered on the first and/or last laminated page of the passport, a new passport booklet is required.
4. Applicants may apply for a new passport one year before the date of expiry of existing passport.
5. Application for Passport Services can be submitted and collected either in person or by post. In case of collection of passport by proxy, applicant must authorize the proxy by submitting a signed authority letter – Specimen of authority letter
6. Please note that under the Passports Act, 1967, it is a criminal offence to furnish any false information or to suppress any material information with a view to obtaining passport or travel document. The passport applicants should therefore exercise due care while filling-up their passport application form.
7. Applicants are requested to check all the entries in their passport at the time of collection. In case of any discrepancy, the matter should be immediately reported to the Embassy. In such cases, please note that
8. In all cases of re-issue of passport, applicant must produce the last held/expired passport (in original) along with duly filled-in application form and enclosures. At the time of delivery of new passport, the old Passports shall be cancelled and returned to the applicant.
9. The cancellation of passport by embassy doesn’t invalidate the visas already affixed on the passport.