INDIA ANNOUNCES 1000 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR AFGHAN NATIONALS
- The Government of India is pleased to announce 1000 long-term scholarships for the Afghan nationals, sponsored by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) for the academic year 2021-22.
- This scholarship scheme under various disciplines covers Under-Graduate courses (BA/B.Com/B.Sc./BBA/BCA), Post-Graduate courses (MA/M.Sc./M.Com/MBA), Engineering courses (B.E./B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech etc.) and M.Phil/Ph.D in various universities/Institutes in India.
- ICCR does not offer scholarship in Medical / Paramedical (Nursing / Physiotherapy / anaesthesia etc.) / fashion courses.
- The scholarship scheme will cover tuition fees, accommodation and living allowances as per prescribed rules.
- The applicants for UG / PG courses should have completed 18 years of age and should not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission. Those applying for Ph.D courses should not be more than 45 years of age.
Procedure for admission:
- The interested students may directly fill the online application form on ICCR Portal: https://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in.
- Student has option of applying in five Universities/ Institutes of his/her choice in preferential order. Applications will be directly sent by students to these five Universities/ Institutes.
- Applicants have to write a 500-word essay in English to ascertain English Proficiency. Besides, students can also submit their TOFEL/ IELTS Test scores.
- English translation of all the documents in local language should be uploaded on the portal.
- The rejected students will be informed of their results by the Universities/ Institutes while those who have passed will get offer letter from the Embassy of India, Kabul.
- The A2A Scholarship Portal will be operational from 15th of March, 2021 up to 30th of April, 2021.
25 March, 2021