The Hindu, Friday the 6th February, 2009
NEW DELHI: India on Thursday reiterated that it had not yet received any response on the dossier given to Pakistan on the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
"There is no confusion. Both External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and I have said that we have not received any response to the dossier given to Pakistan as yet," Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram told reporters.
He was responding to questions whether there was any confusion in the government in the backdrop of National Security Advisor M.K. Narayanan's statement that Islamabad had got back to New Delhi with a number of questions on the Indian dossier on the Mumbai terror attack.
On his earlier reported statement on the possibility of India snapping ties with Pakistan, Mr. Chidambaram said he had been misquoted.
"What I had said was that there are many, many ties between India and Pakistan. If Pakistan does not respond [to the dossier], these may get weaker and weaker and may one day snap. It is a thought process and not a policy statement," he clarified.