The Indian Embassy in Bahrain was opened in January 1973.
The activities of the Embassy include the following:
- To further strengthen friendly and cordial relations between India and the kingdom of Bahrain.
- To further develop and promote political, economic, commercial, social and cultural relations between the two countries.
- To serve as an important bridge between government of India and the government of kingdom of Bahrain.
- To disseminate information about India and important events in India.
- To render consular, passport and visa services.
- To render assistance in resolving labour dispute.