Change of personal particulars

In the event of change of particulars such as change in name, date of birth, place of birth, address, addition and deletion of spouse name etc., Indian Nationals should submit an application to the High Commission of India for reissue of passport.



Supporting Documents required:

  • Proof of Date of Birth i.e. School or college certificate or PAN Card, Election Card or Aadhar Card (subject to PIA’s satisfaction of the genuineness of the claim for change) in original along with copy.
  • For change of address: submit copy of Aadhar card, PAN card, Telephone bill, bank statement etc.
  • Following marriage, remarriage or divorce:

a. An applicant applying for re-issue of Passport for incorporation of the name of his/her spouse,

b. A woman applying for change of name/surname in existing Passport due to marriage.

c. Divorcees applying for change of name OR for deletion of spouse’s name in existing Passport,

                 d. Re-married applicants applying for change of name/spouse’s name in passport.

Except the details provided by the applicant (of any category mentioned above) in the application form, no proof of marriage /dissolution of marriage (court’s order for judicial separation/decree of divorce) etc. is required.”

  • In other circumstances for change of name, the applicant (both male and female) should furnish:

a. Clippings of two local newspapers or the Gazette notification of the concerned State Government, as the case may be,

b. At least two public/ government documents issued in the desired /applied changed name to ascertain that the applicant has actually changed his name.


Note: Fresh passport will be issued in all cases of change in personal particulars. Please follow the procedure for Re-issue of passport and submit ONLINE form along with above supporting documents. Fees and Processing time as applicable in for Reissue of passport.

High Commission of India Male, Maldives