Registration of Birth
The High Commission registers the birth of the children born in Maldives of Indian parents. This is to be registered within one year of the birth.
- Register the birth online at MHA website https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/ and take printout.
- Application form to be submitted at the High Commission can be downloaded from our website (Click here to download)
- Please submit the completely filled form along with the following documents:
- Copy of printout obtained on registering birth at MHA site
- Passport of parents in original along with photocopy of the first and last page.
- Work permit card of parents in original along with a photocopy.
- Parents are also required to submit a declaration that the child does not hold passport of any other country.
- Photo copy of Birth Certificate issued from Hospital and from local authorities.
Fees : MVR 345/-
Processing time : Three working days