President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom has returned to the Maldives tonight after his official visit to India.
The President landed in the Maldives tonight around 11:00 p.m.
On his official visit, President Yameen met with the Indian Minister of External Affairs, SushmaSwaraj. The details of the meeting have not been released by the two governments or the Foreign Ministries.
A number of agreements were signed between the two countries during the course of the President’s visit.
The Maldivian High Commissioner to India, Ahmed Mohamed and the Indian Foreign Secretary signed the agreements today at the Hydrabad House in the Indian capital, New Delhi.
The agreements signed today were on :
- Reduction of the double tax of the international air travel
- Sharing of tax related information
- Repairs of mosques in Maldives and conducting surveys in Maldives
- Corporation between the two countries in the tourism sector
- Coordination of Orbit Frequency
- Military Assistance
President Yameen also met with the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and discussed the relationship between the two countries.