Extension of e- Visa scheme to Austrian citizens
The Government of India has extended e- Visa scheme to the citizens of Austria w.e.f. 26th February 2016. Under e- Visa scheme citizens of Austria may now apply online (https //indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.hotmail) four days in advance to obtain the Electronic Travel Authorisation for travelling to India. This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services. This facility is also available to the citizens of Montenegro as well.
e-Visa (Previously known as e-TV) has following three different sub-categories as under;
- e-Tourist Visa: recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends & relatives, and attending short term yoga programme.
- e-Business Visa: All activities permitted under normal Business Visa.
- e-Medical Visa: Medical treatment including treatment under Indian system of medicine.
Note: A foreign national would be permitted to club these activities provided he/she had clearly indicated the same in the application form along with the requisite documents.
- The window for application under e-visa has been increased from 30 days to 120 days.
- Duration of stay in India under e-Visa has been increased from the existing 30 days to 60 days. In case e-Medical visa, extension may be granted up to 6 months on case to case basis on merit of each case by the FRRO/FRO concerned.
- On e-Tourist visa and e-Business Visa, a foreign national will be permitted double entry as against single entry at present.
Grant of e-Visa will be subject to following conditions:
- e-Visa will be non-extendable except in case of e-Medical visa as above.
- e-Visa will be non-convertible to any other types of visa except in the following cases;
- To X (Entry) visa if a foreigner who has come to India on e-visa marries an India national during the validity of his/her e-Visa. This will be subject to submission of a copy of the registered marriage certificate and a report about the marital status which will, inter alia, include his/her antecedents, confirmation about their living together and security clearance.
- To Medical Visa if a foreigner falls ill after his/her entry into India rendering him/her unfit to travel and who requires specialized medical treatment provided he/she is eligible for the grant of medical visa and a medical certificate is obtained from a government/ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research)/NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare providers)/MCI (Medical Council of India)/CGHS (Central Government Health Services) recognized hospitals.
- To X (Entry) visa in case of a person of Indian origin who is otherwise entitled for X (Entry) Visa.
- Restriction of one application per email ID has been removed.
- e-Visa will be provided at 3 major Indian ports i.e. Cochin, Marmagao and Mangalore.
- e-Visa will be rolled out at 24 Indian airports: Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Goa, Kolkata, Cochin, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Trivandrum, Calicut, Lucknow, Amritsar, Trichy, Jaipur, Mangalore, Pune, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Gaya, Bagdogra, Guwahati, Varanasi, and Chandigarh.
- The foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
- Entry into India should be within 30 days from date of approval of Electronic Travel Authorization.
- e-Visa once issued on arrival is not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Applicant must carry a copy of Electronic Travel Authorisation along with him/her at the time of travel.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- While applying, recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear / as per specification.
- e-Visa fee is country specific. Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged additional on applicable e-Tourist Visa fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed.
- e- Visa fee for Austrian nationals is USD 48/-.
- Diplomatic and Official Passport holders are not eligible for e-Visa.
- e-Visa fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either grant or rejection of visa.
- Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status (https//indianvisaonline. gov.in/visa/visaenquiry. jsp).
- Please be careful while making payment of the e-Visa fee If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), then the application id would be blocked and the applicant would be required to apply afresh by filling the application form again and regenerating a new application id.
- Before re-applying the applicants are requested to wait for 4 hours for payment status updating after final submission of the application form and payment of the fee. The payment status updating may take up to 4 hours.
- Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India Please visit our Ministry of Health & Family Welfare's latest guidelines regarding yellow fever countries.
- Important Technical Information for Online Visa application. This site is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (Windows) version 9 0 and above. The applicant must also have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7 0 or higher installed on your PC in order to download and print the completed application form.
- Queries related to e-Visa; for any assistance call 24x7 Visa support centre at +91-11-24300666 or send email to, indiatvoa[at]gov.in.
e-TV - FAQS - PAYMENT RELATED
SBIePay Payment Gateway
1. SBIePay is the Payment Aggregator service of State Bank of India which provides multiple payment options on a single payment page for the convenience of applicants. SBIePay has enabled Debit and Credit issued by MasterCard and VISA.
2. SBIePay facilitates online payments all Credit and Debit Cards issued by MasterCard and VISA.
3. SBIePay is certified with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) 2.0 certified, which reinforces our promise of security. The payment system fully supports 3DSecure - Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code, wherever it is applicable. Further SBIePay is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption which ensures that payment information never sent over the Internet unencrypted and cannot be viewed by unauthorised individuals.
4. SBIePay has enabled international card issued by MasterCard and VISA both with and without 3D Secure authentication.
5. The applicant after filling details on https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/ and clicks "Pay Now". The applicant is redirected to SBIePay payment page and is presented with payment options like MasterCard and VISA. Applicant enters his card details and clicks "Proceed". Then the applicant may see one of the two options: i. 3 D Secure page of the Card issuing page for imputing 3D Secure password/OTP ii. Transaction is processed without 3D Secure page. After successful completion of transaction, the applicant is redirected on to the https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/ with a successful receipt of payment.
6. If an applicant is presented with a 3D Secure page prompting to enter a password/OTP, this means the Card issuing Bank participates in 3D Secure transaction. If the applicant does not have a transaction password/One time password, he/she should contact the card issuing Bank for support.
7. The applicant shall be presented with a payment successful page along with reference number. If the applicant does not receive any success message even after card account has been charged, a refund shall be initiated after due reconciliation to the applicants card account.
8. If a transaction has failed but the applicants card account is debited more than once, the amount shall be refunded to the applicant's card account after reconciliation process within seven (7) days of transaction.
9. SBIePay provides technical support for all payment related transactions at 1800221401 (Timings: 10.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. on week-days and from 10.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. on Saturday)
10. An applicant can perform maximum of three transactions for a single application ID.
11. If the applicant cannot succeed in three attempts, a new application is required to be filled and transaction has to be carried out with new application ID.
12. An applicant shall be charged for only once against an application ID. Any double/triple debit shall be refunded after due reconciliation within seven (7) days of transactions.