ITEC Terms and Conditions
Participants will be provided with the following allowances and facilities:
- Excursion/economy class air tickets for travel from the capital city of the participant’s country to the training Institute in India and back;
- Gratis Indian Visa for the duration of the Course;
- Course fees – borne by Government of India;
- Accommodation provided by Government of India in hostel/hotel, depending on the Institute. Participants are required to pay for services availed by them such as (a) Room service, (b) Laundry, (c) Local and outstation telephone calls, fax, etc.;
- Living Allowance Rs. 25,000/- per month and on pro-rata basis for part thereof to meet expenditure on food, out-of-pocket expenses, etc. The allowance is calculated from the date of arrival till the date of departure;
- Disbursement of the Living Allowance will be made by the Institute on a weekly/fortnightly basis (as decided by the Institute); the participants are supposed to pay for their meal out of this allowance. In case the Institute makes arrangement for the food, a portion of the allowance will be deducted by the Institute in advance and rest will be paid to the participants. Participants may wish to bring some extra money for shopping and other dietary needs;
- Book Allowance of Rs. 5000/- for purchase of course-related books and purchase receipts need to be submitted for reimbursement;
- Study Tour(s) as part of the Course Curriculum to familiarize with Indian culture and history (which is mandatory);
- Medical facility is for ailments of immediate and emergency nature occurring in India. No medical reimbursement allowed for ailments of chronic nature. Participants must carry their own medicine for regular and chronic ailments like diabetes, hypertension, etc. For regular/chronic ailments, all consultation charges of doctor/medicines etc. would be borne by the participants.
- If any special assistance is required by a participant during his/her stay in India, that should be intimated to Mission as well as to the concerned Institute prior to departure for India. It is advised that participant may check with the Institute about the availability of facility required by him/her.
- Participants are required to obtain from the Indian Mission the contact telephone/mobile numbers of the Course Coordinator and the Institute. They must familiarize themselves with the weather conditions and the type of clothes to be carried to India.
- Participants are required to conduct themselves with discipline and abide by rules, regulations and guidelines as stipulated by both the nominating Government and the Government of India.
- Participants are required to complete the training Course. Request for change of Course midway is not entertained.
- Participants are required to abide by the rules of the university/institution/establishment in which the participant is selected to undergo the training as well as participate in all Course-related activities including submission of periodic assessments/tests conducted by the Institute.
- Participants are to refrain from engaging in any political activity and/or any form of employment for profit or gain.
- Participants are not allowed to bring along their spouses or families for the duration of the Course. No such request would be entertained by Government of India.
- Participants are required to return to their countries upon completion of the training Course.
- Participants who leave the Course midway without prior intimation/permission of the Ministry of External Affairs or remain absent from the Course without sufficient reasons are required to refund the cost of training and airfare to Government of India.
- Participants are taken on study tour(s) as part of their Course Curriculum to visit different heritage sites/places of interest in India. No requests for any additional private tourism, etc. will be entertained during the Course.
- ITEC sponsorship could be cancelled at any time due to unsatisfactory conduct, breach of conditions of the Programme, violation of rules of the institute/university/establishment, failure to make satisfactory progress in the training Course or for other sufficient cause as determined by the Government of India.
- Female participants are advised to abstain from joining training Courses if they are in family way prior to their departure for India.
- Participants must ensure that there is no family or official commitments during the training programme. Request for leave during the course may not be acceded to by the Government of India.