The Indian Council for Culture Relations (ICCR), government of India has announced scholarship for Mongolian students for the academic year 2022-23 to pursue studies in General Language, Science and Humanities subjects, Engineering, Architecture and Buddhist Studies etc for bachelor’s/master’s /doctoral/ post-doctoral degree in India. The ICCR does not offer scholarship in Medical/Paramedical.
Interested candidates with the age limit of 18 to 30 years (45 years for Ph.D candidate) with good academic records, background in relevant subjects and proficient knowledge of English may apply online by logging in at ICCR portal –http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/ other details including FAQs, instructions, guidelines, university list, courses offered etc can also be seen at the ICCR portal. The scholarships include enrolment and course fees, besides a fixed amount of living expenses. The scholarships are granted for the full duration of the course.
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION IS 30 APRIL 2022
Please note the following:
- Online application should be submitted latest by 30 April 2022 through ICCR Portal.
- Please visit university/institute website and do through research of courses offered, eligibility criteria and general information about the university/institute before applying for admission. The list of universities/institutes where ICCR scholarship is offered is available at ICCR website.
- Applicants will have the option to apply to 5 Universities/Institutes in the order of their preference of study.
- Applicant should clearly mention the course to which they are seeking admission while mentioning choices.
- A 500 word essay in English has been introduced to ascertain English proficiency. Besides, students can also submit their TOEFL/ IELTS etc. standardized Test scores, if available.
- ICCR does not award scholarship for MBBS/BDS courses and Casual Research/Diplomas/Short-term courses.
- Applicant must produce a medical fitness certificate from the recognized hospital in the prescribed format available with the online application form.
- Compulsory personal medical insurance is a mandatory requirement for availing of ICCR’s scholarship. It is compulsory for all ICCR scholarship students to procure Medical Insurance policy with minimum sum assured for Indian Rupees Five lakhs which is equivalent to US$6800 per annum. Either before travel or immediately after reaching India, whatever is convenient to students, must have medical insurance coverage on their own. Students can purchase medical insurance from any of the insurance companies of their choice. However to facilitate students, A2A portal has two insurance companies for referral purpose.
- Students applying for M.Phil/doctoral/Post-Doctoral courses should submit a synopsis along with the application.
- An applicant should have studied mathematics, physics and chemistry at Higher Secondary level to be eligible for admission to science/engineering courses.
- Submission of application form does not guarantee confirmed admission.
For any further queries, interested students should contact Reception, Embassy of India, Ulaanbaatar at email reception.ulaanmea.gov.in or Phone No. 70132248.
ICCR Scholarship Application Portal- http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/
For any further queries, interested students should contact the Reception, Embassy of India, Ulaanbaatar over email at cons.ulaan[at]mea.gov.in & reception.ulaan[at]mea.gov.in Phone Nos. 329522, 329524, 70132248/49