The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), New Delhi with the objective to foster, strengthen and promote India’s Cultural Relations with the other countries has been offering scholarships in various courses since many years under Cultural Exchange Programme / Education Exchange Programme Scholarship Scheme. This year also 2 slots are being offered to Brazilian nationals for UG/PG/PhD courses except some courses detailed below.
The applicant can apply for scholarship according to the guidelines which are available online at www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in. Some of the important guidelines are listed below:
- Applicants should be at least 18 years of age and not more than 30 years of age. It is to be noted that as per Indian Law, minors (under 18 years of age) do no qualify legally to open a savings bank account in India. The bank account is necessary to receive the monthly scholarship dues.
- For B.Sc., B.E., B. Tech Courses, please note that candidates should have taken Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) in their school leaving examinations, as this is a mandatory criterium for these courses. For science courses, the expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges will be bone by the students/scholars themselves.
- This scholarship is not for admission in Medical / Paramedical (Nursing /Physiotherapy/ Anaesthesia etc) and fashion courses.
- Applicant is required to go-through the criteria laid down by various Universities for the subject/course, which he/she is applying for.
- Applicant should be proficient in English and are required to submit English proficiency certificates. Applicants would also have take an English Language test administered by the Indian Embassy.
- Nominations from applicants will only be forwarded by the Embassy to the Indian Council for Cultural Relations after candidates prove to satisfy all the mandatory requirements. These requirements include good and sound English knowledge, proof of good health, complete and legitimate documentation among others.
- Candidates should be fully aware of the provision of the ICCR and MEA’s Scholarship schemes before applying. It is also essential that candidate is aware of the reality of India, living conditions and the country’s educational institutions, to avoid any misgivings on this account after arrival in India.
- It is mandatory to stay in the hostel allocated for by the Scheme for the first year of study.
- Applicants can apply only online at www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in.
- The deadline for uploading applications online for UG and PG courses on A2A portal and forwarding to ICCR has been extended to 31 March 2020.The last date for receiving applications for PhD courses is 15 August 2020.