March 12, 2020
CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA, HERAT
TRAVEL ADVISORY: NOTICE FOR VISA APPLICANTS
Government of India has undertaken preventive measures in light of the spread of Novel Corona virus Disease (COVID-19). All persons planning to travel to India may please note the following:
- All existing visas stand suspended till 15th April, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March, 2020 at the port of departure. (This suspension does not apply to diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment and other project visas).
- Visa free travel facility granted to OCI card holders is also kept in abeyance till April 15th April, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March, 2020 at the port of departure.
- Any foreign national who intends to travel to India for compelling reasons may contact the nearest Indian Mission on their concerned e-mail IDs (for EOI Kabul : cons.kabul[at]mea.gov.in).
- All incoming travelers, including Indian nationals, arriving from or having visited China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain and Germany after 15th February, 2020 shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March, 2020 at the port of departure.
- Incoming travelers, including Indian nationals, are advised to avoid non-essential travel and are informed that they can be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days on their arrival in India.
- Indian nationals are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. On their return, they can be subjected to quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days.
- International traffic through land borders will be restricted to designated check posts (to be notified separately by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India).