java script is required for this page
Home    >   Consular    >  Indian's Registration in Uzbekistan

Indian's Registration in Uzbekistan

The immigration regulations of Uzbekistan require that all foreigners present in Uzbekistan be registered with the local authorities immediately upon arrival in Uzbekistan. Tourists staying at hotels and students living in dormitories are automatically registered. All other foreigners must register themselves with a local (district or city level) Administration for Migration and Citizenship (AM&C). A tourist visa cannot be extended in Uzbekistan. Visitors staying in the country for up to 3 days do not need to register. Please note, that these regulation require the foreigner to have a valid registration by the morning of the third business day of their presence in Uzbekistan. Therefore, Indian Citizens who plan to reside anywhere but hotels in Uzbekistan are advised to contact the AM & C as soon as possible upon arrival.  In the absence of registration, foreigners are liable to pay fines.
Registration can be made online at External website that opens in a new window and will require close participation of the host landlord.

Fees for Registration of Foreigners and Extension of Registration in Uzbekistan

  • Up to one month – USD 20
  • Up to 2 months – USD 40
  • Up to 3 months – USD 60
  • Up to 6 months – USD 100
  • Up to one year – USD 200

Fines for Not Registering

According to the Uzbekistan Code on Administrative Responsibilities and the Criminal Code foreigners without proper registration are subject to fines and deportation. The fines range from USD 1000 to 12000. If you pay a fine, make sure you get a receipt for the payment and a copy of the report filled out by an AM&C officer who imposed the fine.

Registration Procedure

Please ask your hosts to contact the district office of AM&C where they reside for the latest overview of the registration procedure. You will need to provide your passport and possibly appear with the landlord at this office for registration. There is a fee associated with this registration process (see above).

The owner of the apartment/house where you plan to reside must come with you to this office.

If you have questions, you are welcome to contact the Consular Section at 

Mea App Facebook Twitter Google plus YouTube