Home > Consular
> eVisa Scheme for Afghan nationals
eVisa Scheme for Afghan nationals
e-Visa Scheme for Afghan Nationals
Afghan Passport holders can apply e-emergency X-Misc Visa on https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/eVisa
E-VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicant has to register application on Authorized Portal for eVisa Application to India
After opening portal select e-visa category and fill the application
Pay e-Visa fee online
Using Credit / Debit card / Payment Wallet
Receive ETA Online
Electronic Travel Authorization/ETA Will be sent to your e-mail
Fly To India
Print ETA and present at Immigration Check Post where e-Visa will be stamped on passport.
|India eVisa Online|
Type of visa
e-emergency X-Misc Visa
- Applicant’s recent colored photo (2in x 2in) size less than 1 MB
- Scanned Bio Page of the passport showing the Photograph and Details
- National ID card (Tazkira)
- Any proof of residence in Afghanistan
- Any proof of occupation
e-visa help desk
+91-11-24300666 (24 x 7)
Axis Bank Technical support. Email address: ecomaxisbank.com
Contact No Toll free Numbers : + 91-40-6717-4100
SBI ePay payment support provides technical support for all payment related transactions at +91-22-2753-5773 (24 x 7).
e-Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas. If you intend to visit Protected/Restricted/Cantonment areas
- Sample e-Visa application form is available on the tab near the bottom of e-Visa main page.
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date etc. are to be uploaded mandatorily by the applicant. Additionally one more document depending upon the e-Visa type would also be required to be uploaded. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded documents and photograph are not clear / as per specification.
- E-Visa fee is country/Territory specific. Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged additionally on applicable e-Visa fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed.
- E-Visa fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
- Applicant should carry a copy of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) along with him/her at the time of travel. Please confirm that your ETA status is shown as 'GRANTED' on this website prior to commencement of your journey. Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking VisaStatus
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- E-Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas. If you intend to visit Protected/Restricted/Cantonment areas, you would require prior permission from the Civil Authority.
- The e-Visa fee payment status updation may take up to 2 hours due to technical reasons/network delays. Before re-applying, the applicants are requested to wait for 2 hours for payment status updating, after final submission of the application form and payment of the fee. In cases, where e-Visa fee has been deducted but status is not updated, the applicants are advised to verify their payment status by clicking on 'Verify Payment/Pay Visa Fee' tab or by clicking on the link Verify Payment.
- Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries or travelers arriving from these countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India. Please visit our Ministry of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding yellow fever countries.
- You must travel on the Passport which you have applied for e-Visa. Entry will be allowed into India on the new passport even if ETA has been issued on the old passport, however in such cases a traveler must carry the old passport on which ETA was issued.
Please keep all these documents ready at hand before beginning to fill your e-Visa application. All documents including Business cards, Invitation letters etc. must be in English language, failing which the application would be liable for rejection.
In view of the recent developments in Afghanistan, the Government of India has introduced a separate sub-category of “e-Emergency X-Misc Visa” to Afghan nationals desirous of travelling to India.
2. It may be noted that physical visas issued to Afghan nationals, who are yet to come to India stand cancelled with immediate effect.
3. Such Afghan nationals coming on e-Emergency X-Misc Visa will have to mandatorily register with the FRRO/FRO concerned within 7 days of arrival in India. If they are moving from their registered place of stay to another place, they will have to further register mandatorily with the FRRO/FRO concerned at the new place of residence.
4. Only Afghan nationals holding Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) for e-Emergency X-Misc visa issued by the BOI will be allowed to board India bound flights.
5. Exemption has also been made in respect of Afghan nationals granted Long Term Visa (LTV) in India and who had gone to Afghanistan/any other country on the basis of Return Visa granted by FRRO.