Solemnization/Registration of marriage under Foreign Marriage Act, 1969
At least one of the prospective bride or bridegroom must be an Indian National and a legal resident of Uzbekistan.
Other one who is not an Indian Nationalshould be submitteda No objection certificate/Singleness Certifivate from the concerned authority or an affidavit declaring his/her marital status and willingness to marry an Indian National, duly attested by the concerned authority.
How to apply:
This service is available only in person at the Embassy. The bride and bride-groom, along-with the three witnesses, who are Indian Nationals with valid Visa status are required to be physically present and sign before the Consular Officer for solemnization/registration of the marriage.
For solemnization of marriage – All the scanned documents need to be submitted at cons.tashkentmea.gov.in. The notice of intended marriage will be put up on the Embassy notice board for a month, following which an in-person appointment in consultation with the Marriage officer will be given to the applicants.
Registration of Marriages under section 17 of Foreign Marriage Act, 1969 (already solemnized in Uzbekistan) – email the request for registration of marriage [already solemnized in UZbekistan] along with all the scanned documents at cons.tashkentmea.gov.in . Accordingly, an appointment date will be conveyed to the applicants.
List of documents required:
Solemnization of Marriage:
1. Completed "Miscellaneous Services " application forms with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
2. Original Passport of all the five individuals (Bride, Bridegroom and 3 witnesses) + 1 Photocopy (first & last page)
3. Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement) of all five individuals.
4. Copy of valid Visa/Permanent Residency Card of all five individuals.
5. Notice of intended marriage (4 copies) (Form-I ).
6. Advertisement of intended marriage [Format & Instructions ]
7. Declaration by prospective bride and bridegroom in duplicate (Form-II ).
8. Sworn Affidavit by prospective bride and bridegroom in duplicate.
9. Four identical, passport size, recent, photographs each of prospective bride and bridegroom.
10. Fee US$ 50.00 and US$ 2.00 towards ICWF. Fee can at Embassy of India, Tashkent.
Note - Marriage has to be solemnized within six months from the date of notice of intention of marriage presented to the marriage officer failing which the entire procedure should be repeated if the parties intend to proceed with the marriage.