Home > Important Notice
> Conversion of PIO card into OCI Card
Conversion of PIO card into OCI Card
As notified by the Govt. of India (Jan. 9, 2015), separate PIO and OCI card schemes have been merged. As of Jan. 9 2015, the separate PIO scheme stands discontinued.
- All PIO cardholders are therefore cordially invited to apply for OCI cards in lieu of their PIO cards.
- The Embassy will begin to accept applications for such conversions from April 2015.
- Applications for OCI cards are to be filled on line at : https://passport.gov.in/oci/
- Fee for conversion of PIO to OCI is US $25 plus US $03 for ICWF
- Please bring in person a print out of your duly filled application form, signed by the applicant, with two photographs and requisite documents, as prescribed online.
- The documents can be submitted to the Consular Section of E/I Tashkent at 16, Kara-Bulak (Vakhshskaya) Street, Mirzo Ulugbek District, Tashkent – 100 052 (Uzbekistan) between 1000 and 1230 hrs.
- Detailed information may be found at http://mha.nic.in ”